does this articpe belong in this sub?
let’s discuss if it is, especially the quotes below…
- taking an existing genuine problem – inequity ;
- providing a simple (if wrong and morally flawed) explanation – sexism/ racism ;
- identifying a group of “ oppressors ” to blame – straight white males ;
- developing/evolving a supporting belief system – postmodern neo-marxism ( or feminist/gender/ queer / race / whiteness studies ) ;
- providing a righteous sounding (but non-working) “solution” – defeating the oppressors by discriminating against them until equity is achieved."
"Fully developing USJ will take the work of many, but I’ll attempt an imperfect start with a quick outline here. To begin with, I propose we follow the approach taken by CSJ, but in a positive way. Let’s:
- acknowledge a genuine problem – financial inequity ;
- identify the real explanations for financial inequity – systemic issues with our current economic system and cultural variations between groups ;
- identify the real explanations for other types of differences in results (e.g. STEM gender balance) – biology, preference, culture ;
- accept that differences in results in some areas are okay – preference-driven differences don’t need to be fixed ;
- explicitly reject oppression as the primary explanation for existing inequity – reject victimhood ;
- reaffirm our commitment to equality of opportunity and legal status – reject discrimination ;
- propose some potentially workable solutions – UBI , promotion of intergroup mixing , providing better educational opportunities ."